When you’re looking for a home, it can be overwhelming. Really overwhelming, which is why you need a buyer’s agent.
What Is A Buyer’s Agent?
Put simply, a buyer’s agent is someone who represents the buyer, helping them locate their dream home. A buyer’s agent has your best interests at heart, and it’s their job to protect you.
A quality buyer’s agent will:
- Negotiate the best possible price
- Schedule showings on the properties that fit your specific criteria
- Alert you to open houses, and present options and ideas that you may not have thought of
- Help connect you with home inspectors, lenders, and home warranty companies that they know and trust
- Not charge you for their services (buyers agents are paid out of the seller’s proceeds)
Your buyer’s agent should be your advocate in the home buying process. And a good buyer’s agent will make time for you and go out of their way to make you feel cared for.
Doesn’t Working With A Buyer’s Agent Make A Home More Expensive?
The listing agent’s job is to get the best price for their client-the seller. A buyers’s agent is there to negotiate the best price for YOU.
The market knowledge a buyer’s agent possesses will save you time and money, by identifying properties that are listed considerably over market average, structuring an offer that is strong and competitive, negotiating sales price and repairs that may be on the inspection report, that the buyer would like the seller to address before closing.
When you’re purchasing a home, you deserve representation and guidance from a professional. If you are thinking of buying a home in the Houston area, I would love to represent you! Please contact me for more information.